Geographic Information System (GIS)
Renfrew County Mapping is an interactive mapping tool accessible through:
Secure Login Site:
It enables users to search for properties, find points of interest, locate street addresses, create maps and perform various other geographic searches in the County of Renfrew.
What are some examples of what I can do with Renfrew County Mapping?
- find a community site in the County of Renfrew (e.g. hospitals)
- locate urban points in the County of Renfrew
- discover lakes and waterways in the County of Renfrew
- print maps in colour or black and white
- print map images at a specific scale of your choice
- turn on different map layers to include or remove features such as rivers, roads, contours and properties
- conduct a business search or locate a business
- measure distances and areas
- find vacant land and buildings available for development
- students can learn about the natural features of the County of Renfrew
- produce sketches for severance applications
- produce your own maps for farm and forest management planning
What are the computer system requirements to use Renfrew County Mapping?
You don’t need any advanced computer hardware ... just a machine with an Internet connection, and a web browser.
The installation of a free downloadable Microsoft Silverlight plug-in is also required.
County of Renfrew Web-GIS Tips & Tricks: