Click Here to download the pdf.
WHEREAS the Council of the Corporation of the County of Renfrew deems it advisable to employ County Officers and Staff under and subject to the provisions of a By‑law;
AND WHEREAS the Ontario Municipal Act empowers Council to pass such a By‑law regulating the appointment, duties and remuneration of such Officers and Staff;
NOW THEREFORE the Council of the Corporation of the County of Renfrew enacts as follows:
ARTICLE 1 - INSURANCE AND HEALTH BENEFITS
PART A - Full-Time Employees
The Ontario Municipal Employees Retirement System Pension Plan shall apply as per the OMERS Agreement.
2. Life Insurance
The Employer shall pay 100% of the premiums for Basic Group Life Insurance coverage and Accidental Death or Dismemberment.
3. Extended Health Care
The Employer shall pay 100% of the premiums for the Extended Health Care Plan. There is a drug dispensing fee cap of $8.50.
4. Dental Plan
The employer shall pay 100% of the standard dental plan (prior year ODA schedule).
In additional, major restorative coverage is provided at 50% co-insuranceto a maximum of $2,000 per year per insured. Orthodontic coverage is provided at 50% co-insuranceto a lifetime maximum of $2,000 per insured.
5. Health Care Spending Account
In addition to the Extended Health and the Dental Plan, full-time employees have access to an annual Health Care Spending Account. The Health Care Spending Account is set at $850.00 annually. This is prorated for new employees.
6. Optional Life Insurance/Optional Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
Employees may participate in an Optional Life Insurance Program and an Optional Accidental Death & Dismemberment Programwithin the terms and conditions of the policy, provided the employee assumes full responsibility for the premiums.
7. Early Retiree Benefit
The employer shall pay 100% of the premiums for employees who qualify under OMERS for an Early Retirement Plan for full-time employees as follows:
• For all employees who retired prior to January 30, 2013 a lifetime maximum of $25,000 for claims.
• For all employees who retire after January 29, 2013 a lifetime maximum of $50,000 for claims.
ARTICLE 2 - PAID HOLIDAYS
Thirteen paid holidays shall be provided. Specific days are outlined in the Corporate Policies and Procedures Manual.
ARTICLE 3 - OTHER ALLOWANCES
1. Mileage Allowance
For the use of cars authorized by the employee's supervisor, effective January 1, 2013 employees will receive $0.54 per kilometre for the first 5000 kilometres per year and $0.48per kilometre for all kilometres over 5000 per year.
2. Meals, Gratuities and Incidental Expenses
While attending conferences, conventions, seminars, workshops or business meetings, employees will receive actual expenses supported by receipts of up to $65.00per day.
3. Uniform and Safety Footwear Allowance
(a) Employees who are required by nature of their job to wear uniforms and/or safety footwear on a regular daily basis shall be provided the following annual allowance: Effective January 1, 2013: Full‑Time - $200.00 per annum Part‑Time - $100.00 per annum
(b) Employees who are required by nature of their job to wear uniforms and/or safety footwear on an occasional basis will be provided with the above allowance once every three years.
ARTICLE 4 - RATES OF PAY
Schedule “A” - Non-Union Salary Grid and Classifications
Schedule “B” - Roads Operational Classifications and Rates
ARTICLE 5 - ADJUSTMENT DATE
The next adjustment date shall be January 1, 2014 or earlier as deemed appropriate by Council.
ARTICLE 6 - ENFORCEMENT AND GENERAL
1. Matters pertaining to working conditions and employment are also set out in the Corporate Policies and Procedures Manual. The manual should be referred to for additional information about the employment conditions contained in this by-law.
2. Any other amendments to this By-law shall be recommended by the Finance & Administration Committee to County Council in the form of a replacement By-law.
3. This By‑law shall not be interpreted to contradict or violate any statute or regulation of the Province of Ontario.
4. By-law 60-12 is hereby repealed.
5. This By‑law shall come into force and be effective January 1, 2013, except where otherwise noted.
READ a first time this 28th day of February 2013.
READ a second time this 28th day of February 2013.
READ a third time and finally passed this 28th day of February 2013.
PETER R. EMON, WARDEN W. JAMES HUTTON, CLERK