9 International Drive
Tel: (613) 732-4353
Toll Free: 1-800-273-0183
After Hours Emergency:
Fax: (613) 732-0087
Civic Addressing & 911
Maintenance of County-Wide Civic Addressing/911 Project
Even after the implementation of enhanced 9-1-1 in the County of Renfrew and the City of Pembroke, ongoing maintenance must be performed to ensure that the integrity of the 9-1-1 system continues. Listed below are just a few of the steps involved in the maintenance of the Civic Addressing System.
- Local municipalities are responsible for the calculation of new civic addresses and installation of property number signs for all new developments.
- Bell Canada obtains new civic address numbers from property owners when phone is connected.
- Local municipalities advise County staff of all proposed road name changes, road extensions, and new roads.
- County staff maintain a Road Registry (to ensure no road name duplication) and a database of all addresses assigned. Staff also update number ranges and digital mapping.
- County staff field questions concerning civic addressing and road name inquiries.
- County staff prepare new property numbers signs and road intersection signs upon request and payment by the local municipality. The signs are produced in house at the County sign shop located in the Pembroke Patrol Yard.